Staying indoors during the long, hot summer months can be a challenge. With the COVID-19 outbreak on top of that, making your home safe and comfortable is a priority. In this post, we will share some tips on how you can achieve a healthier and cooler indoor space during this pandemic. Keep reading!
Put Your Hands To Work
Now is the time to get busy and stay productive. Freshen up your home to keep indoor allergens and pollutants at bay. Here’s a quick checklist and some reminders for you:
- Vacuum the carpets, floors, and furniture at least once or twice a month.
- Wash the bed linens, curtains/drapes, and rugs regularly as well as your furry companions.
- Install exhaust fans in the bathroom and kitchen to maintain proper ventilation.
- Place mats in doorways and make it a habit to take off your shoes at the door.
- Keep your blinds closed during the day and cook meals outside if possible, to prevent heat build-up.
- Avoid using Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) products such as paints, disinfectants, and cigarettes.
- Consider installing solar screens or shutters and light-emitting diodes (LEDs).
Upgrade Your Air Filter
Your air filter serves as your first line of defense against airborne contaminants. It traps harmful particles such as dust, pollen, and other debris that circulate within your home. When it gets clogged and dirty, it affects your system operation and your indoor air quality. For efficient cooling and finer filtration, use a filter with a higher Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value (MERV) rating.
Schedule an A/C Maintenance Service
A malfunctioning air conditioner on the hottest day can be frustrating. Let the pros check your unit and ensure it works efficiently all summer long. With an A/C maintenance, you and your family can enjoy a worry-free comfort and big energy-savings.
Invest in IAQ Products
Air cleaners, UV lights, and dehumidifiers can help eliminate viruses, allergens, odors, and other pollutants. They don’t just keep your air clean and fresh, but they can also reduce your energy usage. With these devices, you can have peace of mind knowing that your home’s comfort and health are safeguarded.
Improve Your Insulation
With the temperatures rising, you’re probably putting your A/C on full blast. To make sure you’re not blowing your money instantly, improve your home’s insulation. This will keep your comfort high and your energy bills low.
Maintain a COVID-Free Home With Kirk!
As early as now, make sure your A/C is up for the task to keeping your home cool. Follow these tips to achieve a COVID-free home with your family. Visit our blog for more helpful details and updates about your comfort equipment. Call us at Kirk Air Conditioning & Heating to schedule an air conditioning service Dallas, TX.